Raw and Honest Blog of a New Single Mom

I am a single mother of a biracial baby boy just trying to make it on my own. This journey is hard, yet rewarding. Blogging is my therapy, these words are my heart, and people doing better and being inspired by what I have written is my passion and hope.

Fighting the Mask of Pregnancy

Posted on | March 18, 2009 | 6 Comments

I had to go to Clinique and MAC and spend some serious cash because my skin is shit. Yes, call me pimple face right along with Cholasma monster aka the Mask of Pregnancy. I swear this little boy is sucking up all my beauty because I have NEVER had skin problems before, but of course he’s worth it. And I’m sure he’ll be gorgeous. I asked my doctor if there was anything I could do for it and basically he laughed at me :(

Lets see how the products do. Shall we?

BEFORE: WARNING: Very gross .. and scary! LOL

cholasma2 cholasma2
Oh Jack Jack how your mommy loves you.

After

after2 after2

Good improvement. Not perfect or flawless, but good. And of course its all after a $40 moisturizer, and heavy drag queen concealer, moisturizer and powder it had better be! I hope this goes away after my baby is born :( Can anyone confirm that it does fade after pregnancy?

Argh. I’m feeling the unattractivness lately. I’m off to listen to “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera. Over. And over. And over.

HA!

Comments

6 Responses to “Fighting the Mask of Pregnancy”

1. Lauren
    March 19th, 2009 @ 3:34 pm

I didn't have any bad acne issues before I was pregnant, but I swear my skin actually did the opposite once I was — my skin seemed really clear, I was losing almost no hair (when I used to be able to clog the drain in the shower before)… I think it was all my reaction to prenatal vitamins, but whatever it was, I loved it!

Things have changed back to the way they were before I was pregnant, so maybe that's good news for you?

2. NewSingleMama
    March 19th, 2009 @ 5:34 pm

Haha, that's probably my problem I don't take any vitamins. I started off taking them but with morning sickness they never stayed down so I dropped out of the habit. Maybe I should start again!

3. single mom seeking
    March 19th, 2009 @ 6:22 pm

Yes, to vitamins!! And drink lots of water… You know how mamas love to give mamas-to-be so much advice. Please know that I mean well.

And let me add: You are SO beautiful!!!

4. Lauren
    March 20th, 2009 @ 1:08 am

Oh yeah, definitely drink a lot of water! I started slacking on that during my last trimester and the amniotic fluid level began dropping (which meant extra ultrasounds to keep on eye on it)

Another added benefit of prenatal vitamins = stronger, faster growing finger nails (at least for me, anyway).

5. NewSingleMama
    March 20th, 2009 @ 3:56 pm

Thank you so much for both the advice and compliments. I was so used to not taking vitamins that honestly it didn't even register with me that maybe it would help. I'll def try to remember to include them every day now. :D

6. NewSingleMama
    March 20th, 2009 @ 3:57 pm

I've been lax on water for other types of drinks honestly. It seems to run right through me but I've been hearing I should try to drink more. Will do.