Raw and Honest Blog of a New Single Mom

I am a single mother of a biracial baby boy just trying to make it on my own. This journey is hard, yet rewarding. Blogging is my therapy, these words are my heart, and people doing better and being inspired by what I have written is my passion and hope.

Single Mom in College

Posted on | September 9, 2011 | 11 Comments

I just completed my 3rd week college. So far things are a lot harder than I originally thought they would be. I go to school fulltime, I try to find time to work part-time and be a mom to my rowdy 2 year old and find time to do all of my homework assignments. By the end of the night I’m just worn out. I feel like I never get enough sleep.

I don’t know what to do with myself because I feel like I’m not handling it well. I’m doing well on all of my assignments so far, BUT I’m so behind financially because it’s been so difficult to find time to put hours into work and just part time aint cutting it anyway. After rent and electricity being paid I’m currently -$200 in my checking account, my savings have been wiped out and my credit cards are all maxed. I just don’t know what I’m gonna do. I have no money for credit card payments, no money to pay my bills, no money for a daycare copayment. The weather is getting pretty cool and all of my son’s pants are high waters but I have no money to buy him anything new. Fuck. I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I have a military check coming in hopefully a week or two but it will only be $200. Just enough to get me out of a deficit. I have a financial aid grant refund but my school so nicely decided at this moment in time to go “green” so we have to be issued credit cards and have the money transferred onto those. Who knows when the credit cards will come and the balance transferred.

I’m fucking drowning and don’t know what to do. I’ve already sold all of my stuff to keep afloat before when we have struggled in the past, so I have nothing but the bare minimum right now.
Daddy called me and I completely broke down over the phone with him. I could tell he felt horrible and was panicing for us inside, but he remained calm and talked me down and did all he could to make me laugh. He told me not to worry one bit and that he would fix things and take good care of us, which I guess means he will try to get his dad to send us money or he’s gonna send me his book money. I don’t know. I do know I don’t want his book money. We have food at least, without his books he won’t be able to eat or buy his necessities, so although I appreciate his gesture he can keep that. I’d rather find a way than him starve. Nevertheless, he did a good job of pepping me up, but I’m still stressing.

Comments

11 Responses to “Single Mom in College”

1. RaeOfJoy
    September 11th, 2011 @ 3:02 pm

Keep your head up. I understand what your going through. I’m also financially stressed and thinking of it makes me sick to my stomach sometimes. I just have to keep trucking and try to get by. And i’m looking for a new job.

Anyway…same thing with my daughter’s jeans. with her 3T pairs I had to let the hem out so she can wear them for a lil longer. it works if the jeans arent too too short to begin wit

2. Tania
    September 16th, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

Hang in there sweetie! I know how you feel it definitely is not easy. I decided to take this semester off because I was so overwhelmed and I needed a break. I wish you the best of luck you will make it out okay & it will all get better. Keep your head up. xx

3. TL
    November 21st, 2011 @ 12:42 am

I’ve been following your blog for the past few months and I just wanted to poke my head out of the water today and say you’re so strong; you can do this!

4. V
    November 25th, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

i enjoy your blog and periodically check for updates, but sadly, you have not updated in a while!! Hoping you come back soon! :)

5. frannie
    December 9th, 2011 @ 5:08 am

keep your head up and everything going to work out. this is just a test that god putting you through your reward soon come….kiss your son every night because you are blessed no matter how things may seem… reading your blog makes me really want to continue college again. i also have a son 8 months.

6. Shania Beck
    May 30th, 2012 @ 10:01 am

Nice blog. Hope you’ll be back soon..
    Check Out Shania Beck\’s [type]! \"Proenhance Patches\"

7. Sheila Merks
    May 30th, 2012 @ 11:37 pm

For me, you are a fantastic single mom. Congratulations for your achievements in college. I am so proud of you. Being a single mom is not the hindrance of success. Thanks for showing it to us to be always strong and hardworking.
    Check Out Sheila Merks\’s [type]! \"HerSolution Gel\"

8. Alex Mun
    July 28th, 2012 @ 9:19 pm

You inspire me a lot. I am also a single mom yet I couldn’t be able what you are doing such as studying and taking care of your kid. Now, I focus on my work and taking care of my daughter.
    Check Out Alex Mun\’s [type]! \"Sex is better with Thicker and Stronger Penis\"

9. Zylika Ifans
    August 12th, 2012 @ 1:44 am

For sure it is really hard to be a single mom and at the same time taking courses in college. It needs time management in order to handle everything.
    Check Out Zylika Ifans\’s [type]! \"Low Male Libido: What Happens when your husband has lost his passion for sex\"

10. Shantelle Broze
    August 14th, 2012 @ 9:00 am

It is really hard to be single mom in college. I think there are many stressful things a mom can engage with this time. So, good luck.
    Check Out Shantelle Broze\’s [type]! \"Tips to Whiter Teeth and a Brighter Smile\"

11. Yvette
    September 14th, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

First, where is that baby daddy? I think it’s BS when women like us let the men that have fathered the children get away with murder. If he is not around at all and you have no clue hunt that sucker down, I know I what do what I needed to for them. It took me a long time always felt bad for the jerk, but one day opened up my eyes and got my children what they needed best, because no matter what they are all we have, and without them, we would be nothing. Girl, finish youur education, you can do it, loans, grants, you do well you will receive your accolades in the end. It pays off, I know it does. I didn’ finish college and I was so close, but trust me when I say I’m not giving up I will go back and finish.You can do this, you have a lot of support, and I’m sure your mom will put in OT to help you finish up that school.